Korfball Australia is seeking a new President and Secretary to oversee KA during 2019 – 2021. The President and Secretary will be appointed during the Annual General Meeting at the National Championships at Maitland on the 5th of October. A call for nominations for President and Secretary will be made in mid August.
We seek to have a President and Secretary who are able to take a national korfball perspective where all groups are considered with social as well as competitive aspirations and are keen to
guide us towards being recognized as a national sport.
The next two or three years are going to be very exciting and important in our development as we establish across at least four states and regain our recognition as a national sport opening up
many opportunities for support including government support.
According to the present Constitution (1997), The President (2 year appointment commencing from AGM in October):
- chairs Executive Committee (EC) meetings
- carries out additional duties to maintain relations with member associations and international sporting bodies
- is an ex-officio member of all sub –committees
- can make decisions on executive matters provided he/she consults with the EC.
According to the present Constitution (1997), The Administration Officer (Secretary) (2 year appointment commencing from AGM in October):
- is responsible for the day to day administration of the Association (KA)
- is directly accountable to the Executive Committee but takes orders from the EC and President as arranged.
- can be an ex-officio member of sub committees
- is responsible for correspondence including agendas and minutes of meetings including the Annual General Meeting
As an Executive Committee, for relevance and efficiency we try to have a 24/7 decision making process so being willing to communicate regularly is important for us. If you are interested or would like further information, please get in contact at email@example.com